In this next post, you will see how to use a felt flower puzzle you can easily make by cutting different colors of felt into the parts of a flower that correspond to the nomenclature cards we used in Parts of a Flower I.
Objective: to learn the anatomy of a flower.
Deeper Objective: to gain a deeper understanding, awareness and respect for nature by learning the basic anatomical features of a flower.
1. felt flower puzzle
2. parts of a flower nomenclature cards (see part I for purchasing options)
1. Take the pieces of the felt flower puzzle apart.
2. Lay out the picture/name cards in a line and match the pieces of the felt flower puzzle to the corresponding cards.
3. When they are all matched, start to piece the felt flower puzzle back together starting with the corolla, the pistil, the stamens, and finally sepals.
4. For more of a challenge, turn over all of the picture/name cards so you cannot see the answers. Take each of the name labels and label the felt flower puzzle using the name labels. Turn the picture/name cards back over to check your work or use your new parts of a flower booklet as discussed in part I. Pat yourself on the back even if you missed one or two!
See my next post on Parts of the Flower III.